80% of success is showing up and eating guac.
Ok, so maybe he didn’t say the part about eating guac, but it makes for a better quote and a popular meme.
When I lived in Florida, I bought my first avoacdo and never bought one again until I moved to California. It wasn’t a good experience. Now I eat avocados in some capacity almost every day. Our neighbors have an avocado tree and a handful are about ripe and ready to fall into our yard. I hope they don’t notice.
I have tried many avocado dressings the past few years. Some are too strong and others are too bland. When I attempted to make my own recipe, I tested it on my husband first and he was an immediate fan. This recipe can be used for salad dressings, veggie dips, or sauce for the top of your omelet. Any way you use it, you won’t keep it around for long, it’s that good.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links, of which I participate. Read my full disclosure in terms and conditions if you need more info.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
2 garlic cloves peeled
1 avocado peeled and seeded
1/4 cup Full Fat Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Juice from 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients except Olive oil into Vitamix or other high powered blender
- Pulse until creamy and thick
- Set Vitamix to slowest setting (with lid on and top knob open) to slowly drizzle the olive oil into the dressing until it incorporates fully.
- Pour into a glass jar with a lid and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
*Add more coconut milk for thinner consistency
Need more inspiration?
- 12 Health Benefits of Avocados
- “Dietary fat is the nutrient least likely to make you fat because it’s the one macronutrient that doesn’t stimulate the production of insulin.” Nina Teicholz
- Why you should eat an avocado every day by NPR